Designer Kids & Baby - Little Wonders & Small Wonders
Sears, Roebuck and Co. - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Under general supervision, assists in designing product line that is consistent with a season's theme. Work is regularly reviewed by manager. Works closely with Product Management team. May interact with Technical Design Department and outside vendors. May act as an additional resource for Merchant Team on post-presentation issues and may provide direction to CAD.
- Prepares basic flat sketch designs.
- Assist with basic specification of product.
- Assists in the tracking and coordination of the sample production process
- Attends fitting sessions with manager, make revisions to sketch and design package as needed.
- May assist in researching the local market.
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Responsible for trimming supplies and/or working with Designer to keep abreast of current ideas.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Basic computer knowledge; ability to learn to design through new/advance technology (e.g. on-line sketching program).
- Basic product and fabric knowledge
- Basic understanding of garment construction
- Basic design and color sense
- Ability to perform basic flat sketches
- Basic organizational and communication skills
- Collage degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
- One year design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.)