Assistant Designer Shop Your Way Brands
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Assistant designer - Attention... .a talented, team support needed for our most updated contemporary brand. Must work well in a fast paced team to support in all aspects of design and development including, sketching, line sheets, technical fits, and merchant presentations. Must be fully skilled in all Adobe creative programs. PLM experience a plus.
See complete job description for more details.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Fully responsible for entire product design process to include market research, mood board creation, designing, sketching, 'specing' and fit.
- Responsible for researching global markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics, techniques, etc.
- Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
- Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
- Provides insight regarding style and fit of product during presentation.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
- Conducts fit sessions; responsible for final approval for sample fit.
- Recommends revisions/color ways on stripes, plaids and prints.
- Responsible for silhouette, color, print and pattern, fabric and trim selection.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- General computer knowledge; ability to learn to design through new/advance technology (e.g. on-line sketching program).
- Solid understanding of design process
- Solid flat sketching skills
- Good design and color sense
- Ability to think three dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
- Solid understanding of product construction (e.g. finishes, fabrics, hardware, stitches, safety requirements, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard measurements
- Good organizational, time management and communication skills
- General computer knowledge
- College degree in Fashion Design or related field preferred.
- Two to four years design experience.