Assistant Director 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Early Learning Center of Brookings managed by Bright Horizons is now taking candidates for our full time Assistant Director position! Don't miss an opportunity to step into a leadership position with a company that truly cares! The Early Learning Center of Brookings houses an amazing staff of dedicated early childhood professionals who support one another to be their best! Ready to learn more? Apply today!
Apply now to inspire a team of early childhood professionals as an assistant director at a beautiful Bright Horizons center. Grow your leadership potential in partnership with the center director and benefit from professional training and development programs to enhance your career. Learn the many aspects of center management through hands-on leadership opportunities including reviewing emergent curriculum, organizing new classrooms, managing budgets and supporting the daily operations of the center.As an assistant director at Bright Horizons, you will:
* Motivate staff to maximize collaboration, retention and growth
* Collaborate with the center director to maintain the day to day operations of the center
* Partner with parents from enrollment to meeting the educational needs of their children
* Manage your time as you support multiple classrooms and staff
* Nurture your leadership skills and grow your career through various opportunities
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
* Bachelor s degree preferred
* High School Diploma/GED required
* Requires two to four years of professional teaching experience with infants, toddlers and preschoolers
* One year of prior supervisory experience, including classroom leadership responsibility or professional administration experience in a child care center
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* An understanding of NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards
* Knowledge and ability to lead staff in implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum
* Respond well to unusual or crisis situations
* Strong organizational skills
* Capacity to understand and manage center/school financial duties
* Computer literacy required
* Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences
* Additional center/school requirements may apply
* Must meet state requirements for education and additional center/school requirements may apply