Assistant Director, Design and Visual
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
Assistant Director, Design and Visual
$22.37 - $44.20 hourly
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Communications & Campus Partnerships, the Assistant Director, Design and Visual Communications plays a key role in executing and maintaining a consistent graphic identity for the central annual giving program's brand across all communication channels. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the look and feel of projects across multiple mediums, including marketing materials, event collateral, website assets, social media assets, photo libraries, and direct mail and email communications. He/she should feel comfortable in conceptualizing and executing a project's design and visual components from concept to completion to extension through various other mediums. The Assistant Director, Design and Visual Communications serves as an advocate for, and enforcer of, the central annual giving program's visual identity and brand guidelines when developing projects for or in collaboration with other departments, vendors and clients. He/she should be confident in using Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and should be comfortable with various elements of web design (HTML, CSS, WordPress CMS). Further, the candidate should fully understand the technical side of building creative files for digital, print and social media use. This position requires creativity, critical-thinking skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently. This person must have strong project management skills, be an effective and collaborative team player, and be capable of managing several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Other duties as assigned.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of graphic design, user experience, layout, art direction, and brand guidelines, including the enforcement of consistent visual identity across multiple communication mediums.
2. Minimum of 2 years professional design experience, including demonstrated success developing and implementing brand guidelines.
4. Superior communication skills and strong ability to communicate ideas and concepts with senior team members and internal clients to receive feedback throughout the design process.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
6. Ability to make recommendations, develop and implement initiatives on behalf of the department.
7. Demonstrated professional interpersonal skills to work with designers, communications staff, IT, production vendors and other departments. Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems with clients in an effective, diplomatic manner.
8. Ability to work as part of a team and as a team leader to build consensus, anticipate problems and difficult situations, and develop strategies to bring the parties involved to a solution, mutually agreed upon.
9. Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize and complete many dissimilar projects, meeting competing deadline requirements with frequent interruptions, and tracking projects in many different stages.
10. Detailed knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation to compose, proofread, and edit business correspondence, reports and other written materials, as assigned.
11. Ability to quickly learn UCLA departments and institution's academic mission and objectives.
12. Willingness to keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and contribute frequent suggestions for improving the impact and effectiveness of the central annual giving program's communications.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
Please attach a Brand Identity Guidelines document that you created in one of your prior roles
THE TARGET SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS BETWEEN THE POSTED MINIMUM AND $28.74 HOURLY.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results