Assistant Director, Development - Humanities
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
University of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
ADVANCEMENT OFFICER II
Assistant Director, Development - Humanities
$5,150 - $9,583 monthly
Department Website URL:
Job Summary Statement:
The Division of Humanities in UCLA's College of Letters and Science is seeking an Assistant Director of Development with development experience, self-confidence, and initiative. Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development, Humanities, the Assistant Director will establish long-range goals and objectives for development programs and activities that reflect the academic priorities of the Division of Humanities. The Assistant Director will specifically focus on identifying new prospects as well as strategically prioritizing prospects and donors ready to move from one level of giving to the next all with the goal of building a wide, deep pool of donors at all levels of giving. He/She will determine market feasibility for academic priorities and provide advice and counsel to the Senior Director, in collaboration with other members of the College development team. He/She will use available data to develop constituencies and identify prospects in relation to academic priorities, and will organize and implement meetings and events for volunteers and donors designed to build and enhance the pool of prospects for and donors to the Division of Humanities. The Assistant Director of Development will engage high-level volunteers to provide community linkage to development programs and to assist with specific solicitations and other programmatic elements as necessary; will meet with faculty in priority areas and gain knowledge of research interests and areas of expertise; and will serve as a staff resource to the Senior Director and represent the Division of Humanities to the broader community. He/She will establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with appropriate individuals and offices in the College of Letters and Science and External Affairs.
Percentage of Time:
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
1. Experience as a professional development officer with a demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement identification, cultivation and solicitation strategies.
2. Working knowledge of principles and practices of major gift fundraising in a major research university.
3. Excellent written communication skills, necessary to write and edit letters, memos, reports, discussion documents, proposals and other cultivation and solicitation materials.
4. Strong communication skills to express, both orally and in writing, the mission of the University and the fundraising goals of the campus, especially as they relate to the College.
5. Strong ability to recruit, orient, train, organize, motivate and evaluate volunteers who support development goals and programs.
6. Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with other staff, academic leaders, faculty, community leaders, donors and volunteers.
7. Ability to take initiative, work independently and accept responsibility; adept at setting priorities and managing work flow to fulfill objectives and meet goals according to deadlines in a high-paced work environment.
8. Ability to run, analyze and summarize computer-generated reports; analyze data effectively to evaluate progress; recognize areas of weakness and recommend strategies that achieve stated objectives.
9. Familiarity with word-processing, database, spreadsheet, scheduling and email applications; willingness to learn new programs and applications as needed; and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access preferred.
10. Ability to work some weekends and evenings as needed.
11. Working knowledge of CRM donor database.
12. Experience conceptualizing, planning and implementing special events.
ADDITIONAL POSTING INFORMATION
External Posting Date:
Quicklink To Posting:
THE TARGET SALARY RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS BETWEEN THE POSTED MINIMUM AND $5,150 MONTHLY.
Number of Positions:
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT DESIGNATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS PER UC POLICY
Conflict of Interest:
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
Certain positions funded by federal contracts/subcontracts requires UCLA to notify job applicants that an E-Verify check will be conducted and the successful candidate must pass the E-Verify check.
More Information No Response
Is this position designated as a mandatory reporter under CANRA* No
Other Special Employment Requirements:
POSITION IS SUBJECT TO PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY WIDE POLICE POLICIES AND ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Return to Search Results