Assistant Director - RMD
DEPARTMENT: Public Works & Engineering
DIVISION: Resource Management Division
SECTION: Capital Projects and Assets Branch
REPORTING LOCATION: 611 Walker St.
* Developing internal goals and related processes to improve all areas of work;
* Working closely with other PWE divisions, other city departments and outside agencies to resolve problems and improve processes;
* Coordinating all year-end audit requests for capital projects and assets for PWE;
* Developing and providing quarterly and other reports;
* Developing staff to cultivate their ability and desire to achieve all goals and to work well with others in the department and outside the department.
* Ensuring capital projects are appropriately accounted for in SAP and that they are timely set up and capitalized;
* Managing CIP accounts payable to ensure that payments are made timely and that amounts paid are correct;
* Managing fixed asset accounting and related annual inventory;
* Ensuring that PWE contributions and grants are properly accounted for and grantees/contributors are accurately and timely billed.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
THIS IS A DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS & ENGINEERING EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT POSITION AT THE TIER 1 LEVEL.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely related degree.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Seven years of professional financial or accounting experience are required, with at least three of those years in a managerial capacity. A Master's degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Preference is given to Certified Public Accountants.
MINIMUM LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
A valid driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston policy on driving are also required.
Preference will be given to those with strong SAP and governmental accounting experience.
** Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED None
However, the Department may administer a skill assessment evaluation.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
PAY GRADE 32
Due to the high volume of applications received, the hiring department will contact you directly, with specific instructions, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
An equal opportunity employer