Assistant Director of Aquatics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
Great Wolf Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTION* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
* Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
* Assists management in overall waterpark operation.
* Clearly describes and assigns responsibility and authority for the operation of the department.
* Responsible assisting in the management team in their areas of focus as needed.
* Responsible for fulfilling the Waterpark MOD duties as specified in the MOD job description.
* Permit and encourage advancement for those personal qualified and interested in career development.
* Works to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among staff members.
* Maintains a general knowledge of the entire resort operation.
* Projects a positive public relations image to staff and guest.
* Has working knowledge of Great Wolf Lodge emergency procedures, administers and coordinates emergency first aid as necessary, as well as, documenting incidents involving guests and staff.
* Attends meetings as required.
* Assists other departments on an as-needed basis.
* Assist Director in formulating and maintaining departmental budget and overall safety budget.
* Performs additional duties as directed by the Waterpark Director.
* Position requires at least 45 hours per week.
* Instructs Ellis Lifeguard training and certification, as needed.
* Assists with in-service trainings throughout the year.
* Participate in the resort MOD program.
* Act as the Director in the Director's absence.
* Assist in managing the department including but not limited to scheduling MODs and Supervisors, conducting training for Supervisors and Managers, general purchasing, and the overall cleanliness program.
* Assist in developing Managers, Supervisors, and Lifeguards to qualify for advancement.
* Plan, administers, and monitors a safety program within the resort that complies with GWR Traditions, federal/local/state regulations, and third-party requirements.
* Lead the Safety Committee at the resort and participates in the Corporate Safety Committee in monthly calls.
* Interfaces with departments to communicate safety training, issues requiring corrective action.
* Interfaces with ER to communicate OSHA required documentation and Pack Member incident trends.
* Coordinates and maintains documentation for safety programs.
* Maintain and track incident reports and complete trending on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Communicate statistics regularly to Director Team and General Manager.
* Utilize trending information to develop proactive measures, where necessary, to minimize risk to guests and Pack Members.
* Interface with Corporate Risk Manager on incidents and claims.
* Interface with Corporate Safety Coordinator on projects.
* Develop and maintain inspection programs.
* Coordinate and maintain reports from third-party inspections.
* Maintains a working knowledge of general and departmental safety procedures
* Attends safety training programs and in-service education as required.
* Ensure that all first aid supplies are available for the entire facility on a monthly basis. This includes first aid kits, trauma bags, and back up inventory.
* Conduct monthly checks for the AED, backboard and supplemental oxygen supplies.
* Track all incident/rescue reports monthly so that we can accurately report year-end information to E&A.
* Report any trends and help ensure.
* Exhibits ability to effective deal with internal and external customers, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
* Motivates diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
* Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals.
* Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
* Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives.
* Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
* Takes an exhaustive approach to every task.
* Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
* Capable of working unusual hours, including late nights, weekends and all holidays in a fast paced atmosphere.
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
* College degree preferable.
* Ability to create and maintain documents with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* At least 2 years of experience in supervising employees.
* Complete GWR Manager Training Program
* E&A ILTP license and E&A Basic Leadership Training license
* Willing and able to obtain E&A Instructor license
* EMT or medical background in first aid, CPR, and AED.
* CPO (Certified Pool Operator) preferable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled