Assistant Director of Engineering 8/11/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Director of Engineering Services and to assist the Director of Engineering Services in the operational aspect of the Engineering Department.
* Assist the Director of Engineering Services in the full upkeep of the preventative maintenance, including the keeping of logs on work done, scheduling and the assignment of projects and other related tasks.
* Assist the Director of Engineering Services in the procurement of supplies and the issuance of purchase orders.
* Review work orders and assign work by priorities.
* Maintain up-to-date inventories of heat, light & power and repair and maintenance supplies.
* Respond to guest requests.
* Work with the Engineering staff on a shift basis and coordinates their activities.
* Assume the full responsibility for the Engineering Department in the absence of the Director of Engineering Services.
* Have a thorough understanding of Omni's fire alarm procedures and emergency evacuation.
* Have a thorough understanding of Omni's job scenarios.
* Must be familiar with Omni's Systems and Services procedures.
* Must have extensive HVAC and mechanical experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
* 3-5 years of hotel engineering experience preferred.
* Previous experience at a convention service hotel preferred.
* Experience managing a crew of 5 or more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: