Assistant Director of Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Great Wolf Resorts
Colorado Springs, CO
* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
* Oversees/and or prepares the daily report including daily revenue, advance deposits, and cash and credit card transaction activities.
* Accomplishes cash control objectives by assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in all aspects of cash control; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Oversees AP activity to ensure coding and reviewing of invoices are processed for payments. Assists other departments in maintaining actual expenditures verses budget.
* Maintains cash control security by establishing internal controls.
* Maintains credit/AR/billing controls by establishing policies and procedures for collections and billing.
* Assists in solving guest concerns/billing errors/credit card disputes.
* Maintains internal GM checking account. Processes and record internal checks that are disbursed.
* Assists in completing monthly financial close. Manage process and staff to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, including reconciliations and financial analysis.
* Participates in MOD scheduled rotation.
* Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Bachelor degree in accounting or related field preferred. . Three to five years experience in a brand hotel preferred. Strong accounting and analytical background. Cash control experience.
Skilled at analyzing causes of variances between actual and budgeted income and expenses.
Skilled at completing and recording financial transactions. Able to aid in developing information for financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations.
Proficient in using accounting software, Microsoft Excel, or other applicable financial software.
Lift up to 10 lbs., sit and/or stand long periods.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled