Assistant Director of Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To supervise, monitor and review on all site accounting activities including account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research, Accounts Receivable billing, credit and collection, and the monitoring of operations systems and procedures and control features.
* Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Receivable Billing Clerk; Credit Manager; Accounts Payable Clerk, General Cashier.
* Coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
* Provide Accounts Receivable monthly status reports to the Director of Finance, EOC and Corporate Accounting Team.
* Ensure the effective management of Accounts Receivables to minimize the risk of extending credit and to generate and establish a sufficient cash flow base.
* Ensure a smooth and accurate Accounts Payable process.
* Assist in attaining financial goals.
* Responsible for ensuring the timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
* Ensure maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
* Responsible for reviewing and authorizing all rebates, credits and rebilling for direct bills, credit cards and cash accounts to ensure protection of company assets.
* Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
* Ensure an effective tracking system for all rebates/adjustments.
* Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to Systems & Controls problems.
* Ensure daily balance of Accounts Receivable to Daily Report (Daily Business Summary DBS) for compliance with established procedures.
* Ensure compliance with all federal and State Wage and hour requirements related to hotel payroll processes.
* Complete all general ledger and bank reconciliations.
* Ensure a timely month-end close.
* Produce accurate financial statements.
* Ensure that daily cash management functions - dial up bank, check balances, positive pay, reconcile accounts, fax transfers or funding requests are prepared properly.
* Prepare Balance Sheet analysis.
* Minimum of 2 years of management experience in Accounting and/or Finance required.
* Ability to efficiently produce error free work (strong attention to detail) required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook required.
* Previous experience in Hotel Finance strongly preferred.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
* Proficiency in Oracle, Kronos, and other database systems strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: