Assistant Director of Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
To supervise, monitor and review on all site accounting activities including account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research, Accounts Receivable billing, credit and collection, and the monitoring of operations systems and procedures and control features.
* Responsible for complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Receivable Billing Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk, General Cashier, Income Audit and Paymaster.
* Coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
* Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process.
* Assist in attaining financial goals.
* Partner with Credit Manager to ensure the timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
* Ensure maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
* Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
* Ensure an effective tracking system for all rebates/adjustments.
* Work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to Systems & Controls problems.
* Ensure daily balance of Income Audit to Daily Report.
* Complete all general ledger and bank reconciliation.
* Ensure a timely month-end close.
* Produce accurate financial statements.
* Prepare inter-company reconciliation and solve disputes.
* Ensure that daily cash management functions - dial up bank, check balances, reconcile accounts, fax transfers or funding requests are prepared properly.
* Prepare Balance Sheet analysis.
* Must have 4-5 years of accounting experience preferably in the hospitality industry.
* Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Finance in a hotel preferred.
* Must be flexible and able to work some weekends.
* College degree required, preferrable in Accounting or Finance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: