Assistant Director of Payor Analysis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08591-124250
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL HELP ASSIST THE DIRECTOR OF PAYOR ANALYSIS OVERSEE THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS: GOVERNMENT LOGGING, LATE CHARGES, CONTRACT MODELING, MANAGED CARE LOGGING, NET REVENUE, MONTH END ACCOUNT REVIEWS, MEDICARE RA SUMMARY AND BAD DEBT PROCESS, MEDICARE RAC. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE ANALYTICAL SKILLS, LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE, THE ABILITY TO WORK AND KEEP UP IN A FAST PACED AND DEMANDING ENVIRONMENT AND EXCEL EXPERIENCE. ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO WORK FREQUENT WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Director of Payor Analysis
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The individual selected for the Assistant Director position will complete field training assignments preparing them to function competently as a Director in an HCA PAS organization. Field training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the Patient Accounting and business office functions, and the participants must display competency in specialized aspects of the position such as billing, customer service and collections. Participants are expected to accept interim Manager or Director assignments as needed and must also complete a rotation in Patient Access.
Individuals selected for this position participate in extensive development activities to prepare them as Directors in a PAS environment.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Participants satisfactorily complete field training assignments, within a hospital and PAS back office setting, specifically designed to perfect management, analytical and technical skills within areas listed in the "Job Summary" section above.
* Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork.
* Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers.
* Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance unbilled and reduced percentage of error.
* Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities.During the program, participants may serve as interim manager or director within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills.
* Satisfactorily completes special projects as assigned.
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
* Other duties as assigned.
* May require long work hours, shift work and weekends.
* Geographic flexibility may be required for promotional opportunities.
* Requires occasional travel for training and educational opportunities
BS or BA degree required.
MBA or MHA degree preferred.
Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance.
Last Edited: 10/12/2016