Assistant Director of Security - Ocean County Mall - Simon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
Toms River, NJ
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF SECURITY - OCEAN COUNTY MALL - SIMON
Universal Protection Service is proudly celebrating 50 years of being in business and is the largest privately owned security organization in the U.S.
We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Universal Protection Service is known as the leader in client satisfaction among facility service providers. We seek leaders that inspire the best from their employees and have the ability and desire to mentor, train, and help their staff grow! If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for service excellence and would like to be an integral part of our success, please consider joining our team!
We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Director of Security. This person will assist the Director of Security with all supervisory, training and operations functions at the assigned post in accordance with post orders and client instructions, and follow all internal procedures.
Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Security position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manages and supervises all sub-units within the Security Department, such as fire control room, command center, and loading docks as applicable to job site. May generate work orders and attached paperwork for extra security coverage requests.
* Under the direction of the Director of Security (and client s Security Manager, if applicable), this position assists with the coordination of all aspects (technical and managerial) of executing the security contract at the assigned location. Assigns work tasks to Security Professionals and directs their work throughout the day.
* This position is the first direct supervisory contact for shift supervisors (if applicable to site) or for Security Professionals, regarding performance, operations, and department needs.
* Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training employees. Also responsible for evaluating the work performance of Security Professionals and making recommendations regarding assignments.
* Responsible for making sure that Post Order manual and all other post and training information is being properly maintained and updated, and that the Post is being properly maintained, cleaned and organized.
* Assists the Security Director in conducting interviews and evaluating new employees. Responsible for conducting on-the-job training, in coordination with Shift Supervisors, of new employees assigned to post, or when changes to post orders are made. This may include orientation to the post, review of post orders, routine responsibilities, and how to respond to emergency situations or specific client needs.
Qualified applicants for the Assistant Director of Security position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes preferred.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid driver\'s license for the state in which applying. All applicants must be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Minimum 3+ years of professional-level experience required. Prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military required. Experience in scheduling, operations or other functions of security industry a plus.
* If the state in which you are applying requires a license, you must possess a valid Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Additionally, if required in the state in which you are applying, as a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of Guard License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
* Demonstration of strong customer service orientation required, with ability to effectively resolve client issues in a professional and service-focused manner and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant required.
* Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and email a considerable plus.
* Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
* Ability to train and coach others, and to effectively enforce post orders, security standards and company policies equitably and consistently.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
* Incumbent must be available to work outside normal shift schedule on an as-needed basis, and must be accessible by phone or pager 24/7 for emergency response.
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Northeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days