Assistant District Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 7/4/2017
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Assists the District Sales Manager in managing sales in order to achieve volume and revenue goals and provides customer support for assigned customers within the region.
Responsible for administrative duties as they relate to assigned customers including credits, collections, claims, reporting and negotiating credits.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Assists the District Sales Manager in achieving budgeted sales goals (volume, price, revenue) in the assigned district.
* Maintains daily contact with customers/carriers to respond to their issues and problems to keep positive customer relationships.
* Plans and estimates customer s volume/price requirements for 3 week estimates
* Prepares reports on the competition and market conditions as to the supply and demand and present to DSM.
* Conducts retail store audits according to the established schedule.
* Responsible for ordering point of sale material.
* Assist in new store openings, promotions, food shows and customer events.
* Prepares sales presentations on weekly market checks / quality reports of Dole bananas and pineapples, market conditions and the competition.
* Responsible for calling accounts for pre-orders.
* Manages customers web-based order entry systems (i.e. iTrade, Foodlink, OneWorld, etc.)
* Assist the DSM by entering Requests for Credit (RFC)/Requests for Debit (RFD) for assigned accounts and collect overdue accounts.
* Creates sales orders for customers, assign carriers, and manage daily changes.
* Responsible for proper pricing on invoices.
* Assist the District Sales Manager in the development of customer's category management projects.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
* Minimum 2 years of work experience in produce or perishable products sales preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of Dole s products, customers and industry.
* Analytical skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail
* Planning and organizational skills
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
* Customer focus
* Functional Knowledge
Requires expanded knowledge of the industry, markets and sales processes; broadens sales capabilities
* Business Acumen
Is developing expertise of business, financials, products/services, the market, or account needs
* Problem Solving
Solves sales problems in straightforward situations; analyses possible solutions using sales experience, judgment and precedent
No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
Has flexibility to set and negotiate terms within defined parameters; is beginning to plan own territory or account approach
Impacts own sales quota and that of others; works within a defined territory or account list and to guidelines and policies
* Interpersonal Skills/ Influence
Actively listens to customers and uses developed influencing skills to make the sale in a non-complex sales environment
* Product/Service Expertise
Develops an understanding of the range of products/ services that the organization and its competitors sell and that assigned customers buy
* Territory/Account Complexity
Works independently within an assigned territory/account base with moderate-sized accounts/opportunities
* Sales Process
Executes a moderately complex sales or account management process, focusing on features selling
Is beginning to understand and apply the sales or account management process
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Accounting, Quality, Ports, Transportation, Warehousing and Technical Services departments
External: Retail and wholesale customers
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Bachelor s Degree required; BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Agriculture a plus
Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and reach overhead.
Travel required up to 25% of time.
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.