Assistant Division Counsel
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlack Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire mortgage loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle. This position will support both the Black Knight Origination Technologies business unit and the RealEC Technologies business unit.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Manages legal business matters pertaining to particular business units. Provides a variety of general contract and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients. Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken. Requires a law degree.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages a variety of assigned legal projects. Protects the enterprises rights in corporate matters and business practices
* Prepares legal drafts, opinions and various documents
* Negotiates and drafts contracts as requested by business units or other management representatives
* May render opinions and advice depending upon role and expertise, regarding the interpretation of contract provisions, intellectual property and other business law issues
* Acts as advisor on legal issues concerning legal rights, obligations and privileges
Requires a law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and admission to practice law in the appropriate jurisdiction.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Requires demonstrated experience in drafting transactional documents, technology agreements, intellectual property, risk and other resolutions specific to the financial, computer and technology industry
* Background in mortgage loan origination or servicing preferred, but not required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to be appropriate and understandable to the audience
* Effectively deals with issues that are complex, confidential and sensitive in nature
* Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and time management skills
* Effective team building, coaching and persuasion skills
* Intermediate to advanced negotiation skills with regard to complex issues and data
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Entry-level professional role. Basic skills with basic to moderate level of proficiency. Applies enterprise policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instructions on routine work with detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Consults with senior peers or legal management on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Role will work under the supervision of two Managing Division Counsel. Typically requires up to four (4) years of experience as a practicing attorney.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer