Assistant Facility Security Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
3073 GATR Technologies
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
JOB SUMMARY: Support the industrial security program by acting as Assistant Facility Security Officer and executing the day-to-day administrative functions required to maintain compliance per the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Act as Assistant Facility Security Officer for GATR s classified activities.
* Assist FSO with ongoing security education and provide GATR employees with general security guidance.
* Coordinate visitor security and control, verifying clearances and program access for visitors, customers, and subcontractors.
* Assist GATR personnel with coordination of classified meetings.
* Process personnel security clearances and provide indoctrination
* Prepare reports for changes in personnel status, adverse information, and other reporting requirements.
* Act as alternate custodian for COMSEC materials.
* Document foreign travel by personnel and provide defensive briefings prior to travel, as required.
* Prepare access control badges for visitors and GATR personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of principles and practices of industrial security including working knowledge of NISPOM
* Knowledgeable in use of government databases, i.e. JCAVS/JPAS, eQIP, and ISFD
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Work as part of a team to accomplish common goals
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
* U.S. citizen with active SECRET clearance
* High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred
* 2 years of experience coordinating visitor security and control
* Ability to obtain FSO certification for possessing facilities
* COMSEC experience a plus
* Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
* Limited travel may be required
GENERAL INFORMATION: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.