Assistant Federal Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Mc Lean, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Assistant Firm Controller, to join our Federal Finance and Accounting group in our Tysons office.
- Support the Federal Services Practice (FSP) Controller with oversight of accounting for all Federal engagements
- Provide oversight of Federal Finance and Accounting (F&A) teams within the FSP and work with Firmwide F&A as part of regular financial reporting
- Manage monthly close schedule and update as appropriate in coordination with Firm Assistant Controller
- Support the FSP with various financial analyses as needed in support of monthly Financial Statements and internal audits
- Participate with supporting documentation for Federal auditors, as needed (e.g., DCAA, OIG)
- Fifteen years of progressive Federal Government Contract or related experience; preferably within a professional service firm or similar environment
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) specifically Parts 15 & 31, Cost Accounting Standards, US GAAP, and ICE model for DCAA
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Access, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP and/or Deltek's Costpoint 7.0
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .