Assistant Front Office Manager 9/16/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To ensure maximum Front Office operating efficiency by assisting the Front Office Manager with the oversight of operations relating to the Front Office. Resulting in high levels of guest satisfaction and associate development.
* Ensure that Four Diamond standards and a consistent level of guest satisfaction are met.
* Ensure that all arriving and departing guests are treated with maximum courtesy and are served expeditiously by Front Office staff (proper posting of staff, grooming standards, MOS standards being followed).
* To be thoroughly acquainted with the AM and PM checklist; ensuring all needed reports and checklists are run and completed.
* Understand and perform cash handling processes, ensuring each cashier is maintaining bank according to standard.
* To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies, including familiarity with all hotel amenities and local attractions.
* Control Parking Procedures and postings to guest accounts ensuring parking revenue.
* Enforce blocking strategy of Good Night s Rest policy
* To appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to Front Office SOP s.
* Possess a thorough familiarity with the Select Guest and GHA programs. Provide required SG and GHA training to staff.
* Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
* Monitor all guest requests to ensure they are met within the prescribed time limits and handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest.
* Effectively engage in the service recovery process, handling all guest concerns efficiently and to the satisfaction of the guests.
* Continued training done with all associates - conducting four Moments of Service on each associate, per month.
* Participate in issue prevention meetings and respond to alerts in Opera according to direction of management.
* Communicate all hotel, guest and group information to associates on a daily basis.
* Become familiar with all hotel operating systems and programs.
* Assist with weekly supply inventory and order front office supplies and uniforms.
* Assist with rate discrepancy report.
* Assist with balance reports and credit check reports daily.
* Adhere to all Systems and Controls of the Front Office, and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
* Assist with the creation of schedules and monitor staffing levels according to business cycles.
* Recruit, interview, hire, and train Front Office line associates.
* Effectively coach and counsel associates as needed and complete performance evaluations.
* Responsible for scheduling and facilitating monthly OST meetings including agenda development and execution (one training hour per month and meeting minutes on file in HR monthly).
* Responsible for ensuring all Omni Standards are applied with regard to new hire training paperwork and orientation, disciplinary procedures, uniform issuance.
* Maintain a highly motivated and trained staff that continually strives for personalized, quality service and the creation of memorable guest experiences.
* Responsible for payroll: Kronos edits, corrections and job coding.
* Ensure proper daily stand up meetings are held for the staff.
* Responsible for covering shifts in the event of call-offs of staff.
* Responsible for providing weekend and holiday coverage.
* Represent the Omni Brand and Culture at all times; meeting the expectations outlined in the Omni leadership competencies. Reinforce and train associates on Power of One and Power of Engagement principles.
* Be actively engaged with our guests and hotel associates, demonstrating and rewarding Power of One behaviors.
* Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development, interdepartmental teamwork and exceptional customer service.
* Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
* Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
* Minimum of 1 year Front Office Management experience required or participation in the Omni LID program. Previous leadership experience in an upscale, full service hotel environment is required. Strong understanding of front office hotel procedures and practices required.
* Exceptional knowledge and understanding of front office operations, to include cash handling, computation of accurate mathematical calculations, check in, check out, walk procedures, managing room availability, upsell procedures, special needs of VIP guests, room assignments, and safety standards.
* Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop, and motivate staff.
* Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to interact with internal/external guests and courteously solve internal requests
* Able to set priorities for the Front Office team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
* Prior experience managing schedules, payroll, service recovery and associate relations matters required.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and provide guest follow up in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
* Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
* Developed computer proficiencies, OPERA experience a plus.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
* Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: