Assistant General Counsel
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL- GLOBAL TRADE
Client is seeking an attorney to support its Global Trade businesses, which are part of the Treasury and Trade Solutions business within Their Institutional Client Group. The attorney will advise business units, including within EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa), regarding various aspects of trade related transactions and documentation and with regard to potential transaction structures and issues. The attorney will also be responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating the English law documentation associated with those transactions. The attorney will be expected to be familiar with laws and customary practices applicable to the relevant businesses, including the ICC Governing Rules, in particular ISP 98, URDG and UCP.
Primary responsibilities will include reviewing, drafting and negotiating standard and transaction specific English law documentation for the consummation of a broad range of global trade related transactions, including bilateral and syndicated tradeloan facilities, accounts receivable financing, import/export financing, draft discounting, letter of credit transactions, financial asset sales and participations, commodities finance, and trade service transactions. Responsibilities will also include providing advice on English law documentation to company nternal counsel and business units located both within and outside EMEA, negotiation with and instruction of external legal counsel and clients where necessary and acting as liaison between external advisers and the business, advising on legal and regulatory developments relevant to Trade, advising the business on bank policy matters, and co-ordinating multi-jurisdictional transactions with Asia and US Legal.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills given that the attorney will have extensive interaction with the business units, GCO colleagues both in the US and abroad, company control functions, company clients and external legal counsel.
The successful candidate will be part of the Treasury and Trade Solutions Legal Department within the GCO. The position reports to the Head of Trade Legal for EMEA, who is based in London.
* Bachelors and LawDegrees; Bar admission in any state required, Florida Bar preferred.
* 5+ years of secured lending/finance transactional practice at a major law firm and/or financial institution
* Ideally have experience of types of Bank security and LMA Documents
* Experience with global trade related transactions and tradefinance products
* Experience with cross border transactions and corresponding legal implications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong familiarity with the ICC Governing Rules including ISP 98, URDG and UCP
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities and organizational skills
* Team player with ability to work independently
* High attention to detail
* Highly organized and able to quickly assess project viability
* Effective and enthusiastic team player
* Appreciation of commercial environment between Bank and customer
* Ability to manage an active caseload and prioritize effectively
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization (from the most junior to the most senior).