Assistant General Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bob Evans Farms
JOB DESCRIPTIONStatement of Purpose
The position of Assistant General Manager is a fast paced role that directs the daily operations of the restaurant during their scheduled shifts. The Assistant General Manager contributes to the success of the restaurant by building sales, working towards company goals, and supporting the General Manager, Assistant Managers and team with restaurant goals as well as the company s Brand Builders.
Accountabilities: Execution of Bob Evans Farms Best Brand Builders:
Win Together as a Team
Meets the company s turnover goals through positive leadership along with consistent and effective hiring practices and the following:
* Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Coaching and mentoring team members to ensure employee s success on the job and guest satisfaction.
* Modeling professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that encourages people to do their BEST.
* Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, grill line, etc), as needed. (All state and federal labor laws apply).
Consistently Drive Sales Growth
Contributes to meeting the restaurant s sales goals, BSC scores (Balanced Score Card), and Guest counts through the following:
* Ensuring complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs.
* Promoting suggestive selling techniques.
* Maximizing table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
Improve Margins with an Eye on Guest Satisfaction
Effectively address and resolves guest problems with food and service issues (CPR s) and meets the company s consumer index goals through the following:
* Meeting and greeting guests; investigating and resolving food quality/service issues.
* Effectively managing the restaurant within the policies and company guidelines while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all times.
Be the Best at Operations Execution
Contributes to meeting the restaurant s P&L, and expense goals through the following:
* Maintaining efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management.
* Ensuring OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met.
* Enforcing safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and crew members.
* Monitoring daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
* Controlling day-to-day operations and profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing food and labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
* Management of food, labor, paper and other controllable costs. Controlling food costs by following recipes and portion control.
Increase Returns on Invested Capital
1. Enforcing proper use and maintenance of restaurant equipment.
All other duties as assigned
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
* Strong planning and organization skills
* Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills
* Exceptional team building capability
* Basic business math and accounting skills
* Basic personal computer literacy
* Ability to manage multiple projects
* Ability to be a role model in employee appearance and presentation
* Available to work a variety of shifts and weekends
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Prior Assistant General Manager experience preferred
* 2-4 years of prior AGM experience in a family, fast-food, or casual dining restaurant is preferred
* College and/or culinary schooling preferred
* A minimum age of 19 years
BEF foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.