Assistant General Manager - Customer - Auto Auction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Kansas City, MO
This position is responsible for managing Auction operations under supervision of the General Manager. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for attaining optimum efficiency and economy of Auction operations to maximize profits, while demonstrating leadership behaviors consistent with Manheim s Code of Conduct.
* Assist and work with General Manager to manage, direct and coordinate the overall operations of the Auction.
* Work and communicate with department managers to achieve Auction sales and financial goals and objectives while maintaining an efficient operation.
* Foster open communication with Auction employees, and clearly communicate importance of team s vision, direction, and priorities. Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies to gain genuine commitment.
* Actively seek to provide development opportunities for staff; provide specific and objective feedback to maximize performance.
* Assist with preparation of annual budget by reviewing sales results, expenses and other financial data, such as payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other expenses.
* Assist Arbitration in resolving customer problems to attain mutual agreement and satisfaction.
* Communicate with General Manager, Assistant General Managers and other department managers to identify potential problems or issues in Auction operations.
* Maintain ongoing awareness of market conditions and trends to ensure timely and effective reaction to market changes.
* Develop and maintain customer relationships to ensure quality of service and products.
* Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality of work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
* Lead effective management of dealer and commercial customer relationships and service levels.
* Manage the activities of various departments, including the office, arbitration, transportation, commercial accounts & customer support, marketing & promotions, online, and TRA/Specialty operations.
* Effectively leads the management team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
* Continually communicates with department managers and supervisors to coordinate activities of the departments.
* Create location s goals and objectives that can be cascaded throughout the location to drive coordinated efforts and accountability.
* Work closely with all managers/supervisors to ensure that all employees receive a written performance review and that rewards are linked to these appraisals; and ensure that performance is management at all levels throughout the year.
* Partner with management team at location to identify talent and create targeted development plans.
* Support and promoting a safe and secure work environment for all employees, customers and vendors.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
* Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Supports and promotes all of company s efforts related to Online/OVE sales and promotions.
* Continue to maintain and cultivate strong relationships with all Commercial and Dealer customers by engaging them by various means: auction sale day; at a customer's place of business; at company sponsored events, trade shows, and conventions; and at industry and trade associations.
* Support the sales efforts by cultivating open lines of communication between location's customer support and market sales/marketing teams.
* Providing leadership and training for managers of customer facing departments at the locations.
* Ensuring that high standards of customer service are maintained in all departments at the location: Lot, Office, Customer Support, and Commercial.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 3-5 years managerial experience required.
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics, or equivalent preferred.
* Strong Sales, Financial and/or Administrative Management background preferred.
* Experience in the automobile or Auction industry required.
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and interaction skills required.
* Effective management, leadership and organizational skills required.
* Good computer and software knowledge, as well as experience with AS400 essential.
* Strong customer focus and ability to build relationships internally/externally necessary.
* Ability to solve complex problems and make sound, strategic business decisions required.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-MO-Kansas City-3901 N Skiles Ave
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time