- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Assistant General Manager
* Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
* Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
* Oversees Guest Services, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Aquatics, Cub Club and Retail Departments.
* Assists Directors in accomplishing human resources' objectives by over seeing the recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining effort.
* Communicates job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
* Ensures Departments adequately enforce all policies and procedures.
* Assists Directors in achieving guest services operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets financial objective by yield management; forecasting requirements; assists in preparing an annual budget; reviews scheduling expenditures; analyzes variances; initiates corrective actions.
* Maintains customer confidence by maintaining service levels; garnering \\"repeat\\" visits; making the resort a \\"family tradition\\".
* Ensures Departments maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances resort reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Ensures Departments train all new employees and retrain current employees.
* Ensures all guest requests are handled in a professional manner, by reviewing with Directors weekly.
* Attend weekly directors' meeting and communicate necessary information as needed.
* Reviews any inappropriate behavior findings by staff with Director and ensures all are recorded properly.
* Must have a minimum of five years leadership in the hospitality/waterpark industry at a department head or division director level.
* Must have a minimum of two years developing and implementing annual budgets in the hospitality/waterpark industry.
* Must have demonstrated skill set in forecasting of revenues, labor, operating expenses and have the necessary abilities necessary to provide critically anlaysis for the aforementioned to successfully achieve expected profit margins.
* Must have experience developing and leading multi level departments.
* Possess financial acumen in the areas of fiscal responsibility to include Profit & Loss review and revenue forecasting.
* Designs the organization for optimal customer service.
* Expert at combining extensive knowledge of the business to integrate and develop sound budgets.
* Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives. Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
* Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals. Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
* Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust.
* Takes an exhaustive approach to every task. Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
* Dedicated to exceeding quality standards and providing products and services of the highest caliber.
* Self-motivated, thrives on doing a job well and has the independence, initiative, and desire to achieve.
* Ability to develop rapport with client management and maintain strong working relationships.
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled