This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SimplexGrinnell is a recognized leader in the manufacture, sales and service of fire sprinkler and suppression systems and also a leader in state-of-the art fire alarm, security, sound, and nurse call systems. Our continued growth has produced a need for talented Electronic Systems Assistant Installer. This opportunity is available in the Raleigh, North Carolina District office.
The qualified candidates will perform a variety of Alarm & Detection Systems installation functions. Position requires high energy level with a focus toward customers a willingness to learn and a strong desire to succeed. Good organizational skills and attention to detail required.
* Working knowledge of personal computers to include Windows and test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices, is required
* Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and local codes.
* Must possess and retain NICET Level I certification within three (3) years of hire.
* Must attend and successfully pass Tyco Safety Products sponsored training classes.
* Experience with Fire Alarm and or Security Systems helpful
* Knowledge of low voltage cabling helpful
* Helper Candidates must possess strong mechanical aptitude
* Knowledge of NFPA 72 and NEC codes
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Valid driver's license with a good driving record
* Outstanding Customer service and problem solving skills
* PC Skills including Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook
* 0-1 years of experience in Fire Detection industry preferred
* Experience installing conduit
* Able to read drawings
* High School Diploma
* Optional: NICET Certification
* Installer Candidates must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams and construction drawings