Assistant Installer - Sprinkler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SimplexGrinnell, is a global leader in life safety and property protection. We serve over one million customers in the United States, providing a comprehensive array of fire alarm, fire sprinkler, fire suppression, integrated security, sound and communications, and nurse call systems and services. We deliver our industry-leading solutions in buildings and environments where life safety protection is absolutely vital from schools, universities and hospitals to commercial properties, industrial buildings, and government facilities. In everything we do, SimplexGrinnell strives to keep people and property safe. The Sprinkler/Construction helper will be required to:
JOB DESCRIPTION (INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO):
* Helping with installation of water based fire sprinkler systems, including start up through final testing
* Follow verbal and written instruction, read and understand complex construction blueprints, diagrams and specifications used in installation activities
* Carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
* Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet or more
* Maintain a clean and safe work area. Pick up and properly dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work
* Comply with Corporate Safety Program. Wear appropriate safety equipment as required, including hats and shoes.
* May be required to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements
* Daily submission of required paperwork requested
* Uphold governance of the Tyco Guide to Ethical Conduct
* Other duties as deemed necessary
* Must be 18 years of age with high school diploma or equivalent
* Valid Drivers License with good driving record and dependable transportation to and from work site
* Must be able to lift up to (40) forty pounds,
* Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders, work in difficult positions and stand for prolonged periods of time
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
INTEGRITY. EXCELLENCE. TEAMWORK. ACCOUNTABILITY
THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND, MODIFY AND/OR CHANGE THE CONTENT OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION. THIS POSITION IS LOCAL AND DOES NOT INCLUDE RELOCATION