Assistant Manager - Assembly (Prop Shaft)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Throughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Our continued growth in existing product production has afforded us an opportunity to add a strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking individual looking to shift gears and join the team in our MONROE, GA facility as an ASSISTANT MANAGER for our PROPELLER SHAFT ASSEMBLY DEPARTMENT. You offer us your determination and work-ethic, we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The primary role of the ASSISTANT MANAGER ASSEMBLY is to manage and lead production department supervisors, group leaders and team members for assigned areas and shifts to ensure safety, quality, positive work environment, customer requirements and manufacturing needs are met. Will provide leadership and motivation to direct reports in manufacturing system that emphasizes safety, quality, customer satisfaction, accuracy, productivity, cost reduction, housekeeping, efficiency, training, teamwork, and morale.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Leads and manages manufacturing activities and related functions for assigned areas/shifts to meet customer requirements.
* Monitor daily build schedule and analyze efficiency rates and downtime to ensure customer requirements are being met.
* Implement short and long term corrective actions for manufacturing problems.
* Ensure manufacturing operations are running effectively in the areas of safety, quality, efficiency/productivity, cost, and team member morale.
* Provide direction and motivation to supervisors focusing on safety, quality, efficiency, cost, and morale.
* Conduct internal audits to ensure procedures for safety, quality, equipment, and training are being followed and all aspects of manufacturing are effective including correcting sub-standards.
* Ensure all departmental procedures are complaint with quality and environmental management systems and programs.
B. Lead Supervisors for assigned areas/shifts in utilizing system tools that is in place.
* Develops, leads, monitors, and participates in a manufacturing continuous improvement system.
* Maintain and audit standardization of work, processes, methods, and procedures.
* Identify and eliminate wastes, and non-value added activities.
* Implement, monitor, and maintain a clean, organized department through 5S activity.
* Facilitate and monitor communication flow, accuracy and effectiveness.
C. Support development and management of annual plan, budget, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI), operating efficiency, and cost control.
* Review and track manufacturing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) including leading problem solving for negative trends or goals not met.
* Assists Production Manager in developing, planning, and maintaining the budget including making adjustments to achieve targets.
* Assist with generation and report out of weekly/monthly reports with targets.
D. Develops and maintains positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
E. Provides direction and motivation to team members emphasizing quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, safety and health, and morale.
F. Ensures further development of supervisors, group leaders, and team members through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, corrective action, and cascade training. Update team member training matrix and schedule any needed training.
* Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required, Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field preferred.
* Successful completion of Hitachi Corner Stone Training preferred.
* Successful completion of Hitachi Production Management Training preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years experience working in a manufacturing assembly environment, automotive experience preferred.
* Greater than five (5) years leadership experience as supervisor in a manufacturing environment required.
* Over 5 years creating work instructions or work procedures required, experience creating work instructions for VTC Assembly preferred.
* Strong leadership skill and ability
* Working knowledge of automotive industry equipment and production systems.
* General understanding and practical work experience with manufacturing systems and processes.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
* Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution.
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to plan, supervises, and performs functions of assigned areas.
* Ability to maintain on-call flexibility to control abnormal conditions.
* Ability to be flexible in a constantly changing production environment.
* Ability to speak to groups of people and make presentations.
* Ability to multi-task, handle adversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution.
* Must be able to work a fixed or rotating shift schedule, including daily or weekend overtime.
* Ability to implement plans to control and maintain safety, quality, 5S, cost, and efficiency for assigned areas.
* Strong organization, time management, and planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
* Expert level knowledge of SASG Global Quality Documentation and System Implementation Standards preferred.
* Experience with ISO and/or TS16949 and Quality System preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Lotus Notes/Outlook, Internet, etc.).
IV. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in designated areas.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time including traveling internationally.
V. Physical Demands:
Performance requires mental alertness and sustained attention to needs of the department in terms of workflow, efficiency of operation, machine / manpower adjustments, and team member output. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, hear, and see (with visual acuity). The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time throughout the plant. May occasionally be required to lift up to 30 pounds.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).