Assistant Manager - Category Management - (ACD)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
New York, NY
Provide reporting an analytical support to field sales and internal teams to better understand business performance and strategic opportunities. Responsible for standard reporting on all businesses and specific analysis for key retailers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Develop, distribute, and maintain key standard reporting
* Manage relationships with third party vendors for data access and reporting needs.
* Serve as lead contact point and analytical support for field sales. Work closely with account managers in the field to provide business overview, opportunity analysis and sales stories.
* Communicate directly with retailers to provide analytical support and gain an understanding on trade issues, competitive activity, brand strategy and account promotion strategy.
* Requires a national perspective of the consumer=packaged goods and beauty industry as well as experience in the mass retail environment
* Requires strategic thinking skills, creative and original in terms of new or improved methods, procedures or ideas regarding processes. Responsible for all assigned projects and objectives; works in collaboration with all internal departments and Field Sales.
* Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization s objectives and schedules. Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet required deadlines.
* Contact with marketing managers, sales operations managers and other related functions and departments within New York as well as contact with Field sales and direct account interaction. This position will provide contact and interaction with senior leadership.
* 4 year college degree
* Candidate should possess analytical experience, with a CPG background preferred
* Must be interested in cross developmental opportunities within the L Oreal Retail Division that offers opportunity for growth.
* Strong organizational skills
* Syndicated Data experience - IRI or Nielsen
* Functional/Technical Expertise
* Effective Business Communication written and oral skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
* Persuasive Presentation skills
* Industry knowledge
* Problem Solving
* L Oreal Organizational knowledge
* Strategic Thinking
* L Oreal product knowledge
* Planning and self-management
* Self-motivated and directed
* Able to balance internal and external customer demands
* Ability to perform under pressure within tight deadlines
* Decision Making Skills
* Advanced computer skills in a Windows based environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.