Assistant Manager, Retail Open Air
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Assistant Manager, Retail Open Air
Auto Req ID
The Assistant Property Manager (APM) is responsible for providing support to the Property Manager(s) in all areas of management for the assigned properties to include maintenance, tenant relations, collections, monthly reporting, annual budgeting, risk management, property improvements, preparation of contracts, collection of certificates of insurance, sales collection and accounts payables. The APM must possess strong organizational skills and be able to manage multiple priorities at one time.
* Assist PM with preparation and submittal of Quarterly Reports and Budgets and ensure all deadlines are met as required by client.
* Follow up with property accountants on Manual Billing Adjustments (or create the MBA s) as needed per modifications.
* Communicate with Property Accountants and A/R person to ensure all unapplied cash is applied prior to cash cut-off to maximize Property Management fee and ensure accurate statements.
* Monthly A/R collections and follow-up as directed by PM.
* Review Reconciliations with PM for approval and ensure proper mailing of year-end reconciliations. Work with tenants on questions regarding the reconciliations once mailed and follow up on payments.
* Processing payables in a timely manner.
* Run reports such as Rent Rolls, AR reports, Renewal Option reports, etc. and post as requested. Upload or download items from Files Anywhere and the Client SharePoint Sites.
* Collection and entry of sales in the accounting system or excel spreadsheets and running the sales reports.
* Keep track of Real Estate Taxes due dates; ensure checks are processed and mailed by due dates. Follow up to ensure payments were received and processed by the tax authorities.
* Set up new Tenant files and organize per client s instructions including filing.
* Mailing of Tenant statements. Assist tenants with any questions/issues regarding their statement.
* Prepare letters for new tenants such as Possession letters, Commencement Date Certification, Rent Commencement letters, etc.
* Request new vendor set up and updates.
* Assist with tenant issues or maintenance calls including follow up.
* Maintain/Update Emergency Response Manuals or create for new properties.
* Maintenance of property information spreadsheets; including tenant contact, vendor Contract Tracking, Vendor COIs, and building contacts.
* Update utility tracking reports.
* Assist PM to coordinate tenant improvement and capital projects.
* Assist with Acquisition and Disposition processes.
* Prepare and process Vendor Agreements. Set up new vendor files and maintain as required by client.
* Tenant Insurance tracking in Ebix system or/and in Excel.
* Maintain vendor COIs and follow up on those that are not correct, lacking coverage and expiring.
* Prepare incident reports and communicate with the insurance company when needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree
* Associate s degree, preferred
* 3 years of Open Air experience
* Experience in commercial property management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* In depth understanding of financial aspects of property performance.
* Must be customer focused.
* Be able to plan and competency using Microsoft Office, navigating the internet, and general use of personal computer.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Willingness to take the necessary classes to achieve the Real Estate License.
* Real Estate license, preferred
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43179BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.