Assistant Manager Technical Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160809-8069-JB
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
Verisk has an amazing story to tell Named Forbes America s Best Employers 2016 and Forbes World s Most Innovative Companies 2015, Verisk Is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a best employer is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can have a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, the chance to make a positive impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities, and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business efforts will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package!
Verisk s accounting team is currently seeking an Assistant Manager of Technical Accounting to join a fast paced publicly traded company located in Jersey City, NJ. This is a key position that will be assisting in various and numerous aspects of our financial reporting, internal control documentation, and acquisition due-diligence & integration efforts. This position requires a solid understanding of GAAP and willingness to research and document the application and interpretation of new accounting standards. If you have Big 4 (or large regional) public accounting experience and are looking for an exciting technical accounting role, please read on! This individual will be joining a team of key leaders, responsible for driving the execution, maintenance, and enhancement of the company's process, policies, and procedures.
* Perform research of various technical accounting issues and monitor/interpret new guidance issued by the FASB and SEC
* Prepare/review technical accounting position papers documenting accounting conclusions related to various transactions, including business combinations, divestitures, debt and equity financing, etc. Identify accounting issues that relate to multiple lines of business and will develop and implement resolutions; and provide accounting support to the Technical Accounting ManagersPerform due diligence and review of accounting for potential acquisitions, including revenue recognition, accrual basis, capitalization policy, reserve policy, etc.
* Provide accounting advisory and consulting services to finance and business unit personnel to ensure the timely resolution of corporate and transaction-specific accounting issues
* Prepare analysis of financial statements for applicable areas and prepare SEC disclosures and work directly with our external auditors (Deloitte & Touche LLP)
* Participate in SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance, Audits and resolution of any matters
* Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
* Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable supervision.
* Education - Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
* 4+ years of technical accounting experience (Big 4 or large regional audit firm experience strongly preferred) with a proven record of progressive responsibility in applying SEC and U.S. GAAP rules to complex technical accounting issues
* CPA or In Process CPA a must
* Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting and disclosure
* Knowledge of International Accounting Standards (IAS) is a plus; experience in auditing foreign entities preferred
* Experience with advanced accounting concepts with a strong emphasis on white paper documentation
* Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures. Ability to perform multiple special requests, with varying deadlines, while maintaining routine workload demands and deadlines.
* Able to work in an dynamic team environment with former Big 4 colleagues
* Very strong or advanced knowledge of Excel.
* Working knowledge of PeopleSoft is a plus
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, a work from home program and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
--Audit, --Financial Analysis/Research/Reporting, --Technical Accounting
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.