Assistant Market General Manager
If you've been looking for an Outrageously Dependable company where character counts, then you're home. Interstate Batteries, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, built its reputation on a great automotive battery, but look how much we've grown over the past 60 years! We now offer thousands of portable power solutions and accessories throughout North America, Australia, the Caribbean and Latin America. Take charge of your future and see if you have what it takes to be one of our 1,700 specially selected Team Members.
This position will be responsible for assisting in the successful management of a company owned distributorship, to meet or exceed all operational and financial goals, including gross profit generating and lead acquisition strategies.
* Accountable for the P&L and budget performance for the operation.
* Actively manage AR to maintain acceptable level for operation.
* Participate in developing annual operation budget.
* Manage inventory to coincide with selling activity to ensure proper levels.
* Manage Dealer Inventory Optimization (DIO) for maximum sales efficiency.
* Review, monitor and analyze tools on smart dashboard to identify markets that may be declining and design and implement action plans to address decline.
* Manage dealer erosion.
* Develops expertise with regards to product and service competition in respective market.
* Work with sales team to acquire new business within region.
* Formulates, develops, implements and measures market strategies penetration in respective market.
* Establish set weekly meetings with operation staff.
* Provide input for annual performance reviews to all operation staff.
* Manage labor to meet utilization objectives for operation.
* Provide consistent training and coaching to develop team members knowledge, abilities and skills.
* Ensures data integrity and timely submittals into reporting systems.
* Ensures compliance with all IOT standard operating procedures, including OSHA, and DOT compliance.
* Focuses on development of best practices that provide greater productivity and efficiencies and drive distributorship revenue goals.
* Manage routing procedures to ensure maximum utilization of equipment and manpower.
* Provide on-going feedback for continuous process improvement.
* Minimum of 5 years proven managerial experience is required
* Previous experience in a Warehouse or Distribution environment a plus
* Computer skills including Word and Excel preferred
* Knowledge of battery or automotive systems a plus
* Fosters teamwork - Interest, skill and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively.
* Strong Communication - both oral and written
* Detail oriented - Pays careful attention to details.
* Interpersonal awareness - Notice, interpret and anticipate others' concerns and feelings
* Plans and organizes - Lays out tasks in a logical and orderly sequence. Establishes and follows through on priorities.
* Results oriented - Is intent upon achieving practical results. Concentrates attention on making things happen..
* Responsive - Reacts promptly to suggestions and requests.
* Actively and frequently seeks input from others.
* Managing Performance - Takes responsibility for team members performance. Utilize clear goals, expectations, feedback and addresses performance problems and issue promptly.
* Customer Focused - Focuses on satisfying customers
* Entrepreneurial Orientation - Looks for and seizes profitable business opportunities; willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
* Initiative - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation.