Assistant Nurse Manager - PACU Christiana Hospital Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Health System, a Magnet health care organization with over 1,100 beds between its two hospitals (Christiana Hospital & Wilmington Hospital) and the only Level I trauma service on the East Coast corridor between Philadelphia & Baltimore, has been honored repeatedly as \\"One of America s Best Hospitals\\" by U.S. News & World Report. Christiana Care Health System is always seeking like-minded professionals to join us in our commitment to providing the best patient care in the region.
Christiana Hospital PACU is currently recruiting for the position of Assistant Nurse Manager. This position seeks a motivated RN who will assist the Nurse Manager with administrative direction for clinical practice and cost-effective care delivery. The position will share 24 hour accountability and responsibility for all aspects of daily operations in both units with the Nurse Manager and the other ANMs. Candidates should be role model employees who demonstrate strong leadership abilities, professionalism, and knowledge of the PACU environment. Candidates should demonstrate effective communication skills and cultural competence. Must be proficient in conflict resolution and service recovery. CCHS core values and Christiana Care Way behaviors should be consistently demonstrated.
This role will support the Nurse Manager through:
* Assessing staff competency/performance review
* Participating in human resource management
* Supervising RN, SNE, PCT, PCTII, Unit Clerk, and Administrative Assistant staff
* Scheduling and daily staffing
* Assisting with preparation of annual budget and maintaining fiscal accountability
* Developing and maintaining patient, employee, and physician satisfaction initiatives
* Maintaining compliance with regulatory agency standards
* Developing and implementing performance improvement initiatives
* Supporting shared decision making and serving as a leadership liaison on unit-based councils
* Supporting interdepartmental relationships
* Facilitating the achievement of Perioperative Services AOP goals and CCHS strategic aims
The Assistant Nurse Manager will be a full-time salary position and will require rotation to off-shifts and weekends as necessary.
* RN required. Strongly prefer experience in Peri Anesthesia or Critical Care area
* BSN required. Masters preferred.
* BSN candidates must commit to completion of Master s degree within three years of start date. Prepaid tuition available, watch YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch*v=07Yyfk1GhhU
* Five years appropriate clinical experience required.
* Demonstrated Leadership competencies and Critical Thinking Skills.
* Professional certification preferred. (CAPA or CPAN or PCCN or CCRN certification) If selected, candidate must commit to successful completion of the professional certification within six months of start date.
* Nurse leadership certification preferred.
Join the diverse team at Christiana to Advance the Christiana Care Way. Watch YouTube Video: https://youtu.be/BxE6IDBhTE0
WORK SHIFT: Day Shf, Rotat All M/D/E
POSITION TYPE: Management
JOB REQUISITION #: 39361BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at (302)327-5555 or (866)849-8598.
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Clinic, Nursing, Medical Technologist, CAPA, Law, Healthcare, Management, Legal Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.