Assistant Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager and Plant and/or General Manager in planning, leading, guiding, directing, and managing a specific plant consistent with policies and procedures of Farmland Foods, Inc. as well as with Federal, state and local law. Accountable for the high quality of all products produced, the profitability of the facility, the safety of employees, security of the facility, budget planning, management and control, human resource utilization and treatment, and the development of a total employee team.
Smithfield Farmland, A Smithfield Company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1.30% Maintain a high standard of employee relations to ensure Farmland is an employer of choice and employees are aware of their obligations. Train all employees in company policies, rules and procedures. Counsel and/ or take corrective action with employees as necessary. Develop and maintain a program of continuous improvement. Maintain a proactive approach in employee relations.
2. 20% Maintain required safety/ ergonomic programs to ensure a safe working environment and attain company goal of an injury free workplace. Identify and correct safety hazards and ergonomic issues. Attend all safety and ergonomic meetings. Attain goals to reduce injuries.
3.20% Maintain product quality and customer service standards. Ensure that sanitation standards are met daily as well as product specifications and quality index are met. Ensure department manning and product scheduling is adequate to meet customer needs.
4.20% Ensure that company and USDA standards are met. Perform daily trouble shooting to ensure standards are met. Conduct line meetings as necessary to inform violations and required actions to insure compliance.
5.10% Assist in maintaining acceptable plant profitability. Monitor yields and efficiencies daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Agriculture, Animal Science, Business or related fields and 5-8 years experience in manufacturing.
* Knowledge of HRIS, internet, Microsoft office, Power Point, payroll, database.
* Have sufficient knowledge of different pork products.
* Manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant efficiencies and operations procedures.
* Knowledge of OSHA Standards and USDA/HACCP regulations.
* Should be Bi-Lingual in at least two languages and be able to work with a diverse workforce.
* Must be able to travel 20% of the time.
* Responsible for management of Supervisory employees. Provide the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the specified plant.
* Carries out managerial/supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Plant environment will include wet, damp, cold, slippery and loud conditions with moving parts, and vibrating parts.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually loud when in the production area.
SCOPE/IMPACT OF JOB:
Estimated payroll budget - $1,500,000 to $3,000,000
Estimated Labor Costs - $26,000,000 to $50,000,000
Production Efficiencies 100%
Product Quality 100%