Assistant Pastry Chef
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Hot Springs, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Prepares and bakes cakes, cookies, pies, custards, and desserts by performing the following duties.
* - Assist Pastry Chef in all areas of culinary operations.
* - Responsible for keeping equipment and work areas organized, clean and sanitary.
* - Assist in purchasing, quality control and discipline in all areas of kitchen operation.
* - Daily follow-up on all product freshness, rotation and organization.
* - Communicate all safety and sanitation policies through daily dialogue with all hourly staff.
* - Develop and challenge existing processes of standardization with focus on expense control and quality.
* - Develop dessert menus for restaurant revisions.
* - Develop pastry displays for holiday buffets.
* - Challenge existing pastry products to improve on cost, quality, and consistency.
* - Train new and current employees.
* - Provide guidance and leadership to staff.
* - Evaluate production changes and/or bread changes that need to be made due to Pop Ups / Revisions / Change Log. Make necessary changes to production list and contact bread vendors with revisions.
* - Take daily inventory of items and order what is needed from Food Storeroom
* Pastry degree preferred and a minimum of 3 years in high volume environment
* Must have knowledge and be able to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Adeco
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: