Assistant Patient Access Director Parallon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08591-124565
This is a developmental position for the candidate to work in the Patient Access Department, 5707 Peachtree Parkway, Norcross, GA 30092', for the purpose of developing her/him to become a Patient Access Director (PAD) in our Organization. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, as well as many opportunities for career growth!
The candidate will complete field training assignments preparing them to function competently as a Director in Parallon's Patient Access organization. Field training will ensure participants are knowledgeable in all aspects of the Patient Accounting and business office functions, patient access functions (e.g. pre-registration, benefit verification, pre-authorization, admission/registration, service pre-payment, etc.). Participants are expected to accept interim Manager or Director assignments as needed and must also complete a rotation in Patient Access at our multiple facilities.
Individuals selected for this position participate in extensive development activities to prepare them as Directors in a PAS Patient Access environment.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Participants satisfactorily complete field training assignments, within a hospital and PAS back office setting, specifically designed to perfect management, analytical and technical skills within areas listed in the Job Summary section above
* Participants provide a high quality resource of knowledge, skills and work experience to facilities during course of training and fieldwork
* Conducts self in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner with all individuals and co-workers
* Determines trends in operational performance and identifies process improvement opportunities including but not limited to up-front collections, reduction in insurance unbilled and reduced percentage of error
* Demonstrates high level of proficiency and knowledge in front office and back office functions and responsibilities
* During the program, participants may serve as interim manager or director within various facilities and/or functions to further enhance their management and technical skills
* Demonstrated strength in problem-solving, analytic, conceptual and critical thinking skills in making evidence-based decisions
* Demonstrated ability to independently partner with staff, managers, senior leadership, and medical staff to achieve operational/process improvement
* Demonstrated aptitude and flexibility to quickly learn, understand, and adopt new concepts and technologies
* Business acumen and proven ability to lead and work collaboratively within cross-functional teams to achieve operational and financial goals of the organization at large.
* May require long work hours, shift work and weekends
* Geographic flexibility may be required for promotional opportunities
* BS or BA degree required.
* MBA or MHA degree preferred
* Experience in healthcare, healthcare management or finance.
* Experience in admissions/patient registration
Last Edited: 10/11/2016