Assistant Plant Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Assistant Plant Manager in our Allentown, Pennsylvania facility!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
JOB SUMMARY : The Assistant Plant Manager supervises day to day activity for the industrial, specialty and medical distribution and filling operation. This includes supervising plant employees, quality assurance lab, and DOT drivers. This position assists with managing all gas cylinder processing, ultrasonic testing, and compliance with all FDA, DOT, OSHA, EPA, SAFECORE, and other business related compliance activities.
* Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing, and distributing compressed gases.
* Corrects unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
* Assigns task to workers according to customers' needs, current stock levels and worker's expertise.
* Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
* Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
* Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharge, and disciplinary measures.
* Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages.
* Maintains time and production records
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred; HS Diploma or equivalent required
* 2 years' experience working as a supervisor or manager in a manufacturing and distribution environment
* Working knowledge of SAP is preferred
* Proficient in MS Office
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills; competency for understanding metrics and ability to present and communicate to management.
* Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, well-organized, attention to detail.
* Team player with positive attitude; strong collaborative skills; ability to influence without having direct authority.
* Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
* Ability to read, speak, write, spell and understand the English language.
* Strong analytical skills; competency for understanding metrics and ability to present and communicate to all levels of the organization and external customers.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
* Regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear.
* Occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel or use a calculator or computer; and reach with hands and arms
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Workspace is one that contains moving parts mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
* Exposed to various weather outdoor/seasonal conditions with temperatures from 20 to 110 degrees.
* Noise level is usually moderate, but may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for long periods of time or on a continual basis.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability