Assistant Plant Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Assistant Plant Manager in Cincinnati, OH!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assistant Plant Manager supervises the day to day activities for distribution and gas filling operations in a manufacturing environment. This position assists with managing all gas cylinder processing and compliance with all Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), SAFECOR, and other business related compliance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervises the activities of the plant personnel to accomplish job duties.
* Promotes a strong safety and compliance culture correcting unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
* Assigns task to workers according to customers' needs, current stock levels and worker's expertise.
* Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Maintains time and production records.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Recommends or initiates associate actions, such as new hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, performance improvement and disciplinary measures.
* Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages.
* Provides assistance to the Plant Manager with regard to planning and managing capital investments.
* Coordinates the proper inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
* Additional duties and projects as may be assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
* A minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience working in a leadership role within a distribution environment. Prefer prior technical experience with compressed gases.
* Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
* Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
* Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently.
* Detail oriented with the ability to complete handwritten compliance documentation neatly and accurately.
* Demonstrated dedication to product quality and customer satisfaction.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and move up to 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Minimal travel required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability .