Assistant Program Director - OT 8/31/2016
University of St Augustine
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
To support the OT Program Director with administrative leadership for aspects of program operation.
Assists program director in the following activities:
* Implement strategies to achieve goals, both locally and across OT professional programs that are consistent with the goals and policies of the University
* Collect, prepare and furnish outcome data and relevant information about the Occupational Therapy Program as required by the University
* Participate, as requested, in Program Director Council to contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures
* Oversee and evaluate contributing faculty in areas related to the professional program
* Supervise students of the Occupational Therapy Program by dealing with student issues such as complaints, appeals, and misconduct.
* Teaching to equal .5 FTE workload
* Service and scholarly activities
* Participate in marketing activities and other activities as a representative of the University
* Other duties as assigned by the program director
* Demonstrates excellent communication, time management and organizational skills to faculty, students, outside constituents
* Is able to work independently with numerous projects/tasks with little or no supervision.
* Is able to work in a team environment and promote collaboration
* Models core values and takes an active role in enforcing University policies
* Demonstrates effective interactions with University support services
* Demonstrates the ability to manage change
* Has the ability to travel to off-site locations for marketing and community/professional activities
* TX licensed (or eligible) occupational therapist
* An advanced doctoral degree.
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* Prior entry-level occupational therapy education teaching required and graduate level education administration preferred
* Proven organization skills
* Demonstrated data analysis skills
* Experience with collaboration, facilitation, and team building
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.