This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
University of Kansas
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Bureau of Child Research Juniper Gardens Children's Project is seeking 1-2 PART TIME (40%-50%) positions for Assistant Researchers. The primary purpose of this project is to develop and test an intervention package to increase a range of skills for Adolescents and Young Adults with Autism. The project will develop web-based skill modules including video models, service provider coaching procedures and self-management procedures. Participants and the primary research locations will be in the Kansas City Metropolitan area. The intervention and development procedures will occur in a range of settings including high-schools, community colleges, homes, participant work places and homes. Training and consultations will be provided for participants, teachers, service providers and grant staff. Position is located in KC, KS. Continuation is dependent on yearly funding.
Note: A valid driver s license and reliable transportation is required for this position. Job duties will span the metropolitan Kansas City area and Lawrence, KS regions.
* 20% - Provide consultation and training in use of intervention procedures for participants (adolescents and young adults with ASD), their teachers, and service providers; facilitate recruitment, scheduling with school staff, and assist in consent and assent procedures.
* 30% - Provide ongoing monitoring and coaching to participants (adolescents and young adults with ASD), their teachers, and service providers in use of the intervention.
* 20% - Become reliable on and conduct/develop measures including scales, surveys, assessments and direct observation in schools and community settings.
* 20% - Attend research team meetings; collaborate with Principal Investigators to develop/revise module content and coaching procedures.
* 10% - Manage data entry, materials preparation; create reports on findings from research.
* Bachelor s degree in psychology, counseling, special education or related field.
* Minimum one year experience working with school-aged children, adolescents or young adults with autism in school or community settings, evidenced by application materials.
* Minimum one year experience working or consulting with teachers, service providers or parents, and/or monitoring or coaching behavioral support plans.
* Minimum one year experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Master s degree in psychology, special education, school psychology or related field
* Background in learning and behavior disorders, applied behavior analysis
* Experience implementing interventions, video modeling or self-management procedures with adolescents with autism in school settings.
* Basic knowledge of single-case design research and quality standards.
Additional Candidate Instruction
Complete an online application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. In the cover letter, please indicate how you meet the required qualifications.
Review of applications will begin on September 2, 2016 and continue until position is filled. Applications received by the review date will be given first consideration.
Contact Information to Applicants
Dr. Rose Mason, Juniper Gardens Children's Project, 444 Minnesota Avenue, 3rd floor, Kansas City, KS, 66101, (913) 321-3143. Email email@example.com.
Advertised Salary Range
14,144-20,800 annually (17.00-20.00 hr) commensurate with education & experience.
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.