Assistant Safety Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Universal Forest Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONKnowledge Required
* Minimum high school graduate.
* Minimum one to three years of experience in safety or woodworking operations.
* Working knowledge and proficiency in the use of computer and business related software, including Microsoft applications (excel, word and Outlook)
* Certification in First Aid and CPR and working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
Skills and abilities
* Must be Bilingual with Spanish and English
* Ability to maintain and safeguard confidential and sensitive information
* Ability to successfully communicate with all organizational levels
* Ability to apply business math in business situations, to plan, organize and prioritize work and to effectively interact with others.
* Ability to be mobile in the work environment.
* Ability to work hours mandated by management
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Highly motivated and enthusiastic
* Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
* Strong organization skills and detail oriented
* Be a team player and support the Company's goals
* Conducts in a professional manner
*Regularly inspects facility operations to ensure that safe job practices are followed, protective equipment is properly utilized and all required machine/process guards are in place and operational.
*Investigates and facilitates the investigation of all accidents and near miss occurrences, identifies trends and causes and ensures that corrective measures are implemented.
*Works with management to develop safety programs and incentives as appropriate.
*Conducts new hire training and ensures new employees understand safety practices and policies.
*Provides training to employees on the safe and appropriate operation of machinery and equipment.
*Chairs the Safety Committee.
*Ensures the facility maintains the proper number of personnel trained in First Aid and CPR and that required level of safety and medical supplies are maintained in inventory.
*Conducts and certifies all forklift training.
*Coordinates annual fire inspection tours and planned/unplanned tours by other safety and health regulatory agencies.
*Monitors facility hearing conservation program.
*Coordinates work duties for employees on medical restrictions.
*Maintains appropriate communication with immediate management, Human Resources, and third party claims administrators.
*Maintains OSHA 300 log and other required reports.
*Prepares regular and special reports as required.
*Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled