Assistant Sow Farm Supervisor - Farm #60
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Attends to swine and assists in supervising people in the farrowing and breeding departments of a Sow farm under the direction of the Sow Farm Supervisor by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management s discretion.
* Provide training to staff employees
* Schedule and communicate the daily schedule and plans to employees in the absence of the manager or when necessary.
* Follow up with staff on daily processes when and where assigned.
* Able to perform personnel administration for paperwork, planning and production analysis.
* Assist in performing and providing input for 45 day evaluations and merit increases.
* In the absence of the manager, record employee hours, time cards, attendance, vacation, holidays and notify supervisor of any concerns. Additionally, ensure that all weekly and daily reports are turned in timely and accurately.
* Adhere to all safety procedures, all health assurance & biosecurity procedures and hold other accountable. Follow the assigned medication and vaccination protocols for the farm.
* Maintain the alarm system and all emergency systems and answering alarm calls in the proper way.
* Care and maintaining the farm assets.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises employees under the direction of the Farm Supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor s Degree from a four year college or university preferred; or minimum three years swine production experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSE: Must possess a current valid drivers license and an acceptable MVR.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer