Assistant Store Manager 8/28/2016
Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 1271686
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for managing the sales organization in the store. The Assistant Store Manager supports the Store Manager in the achievement of driving sales, credit, miscellaneous revenue, expense management, and planned cost recovery goals. The Assistant Store Manager ensures that corporate programs and policies are executed in a way that maximizes store cost recovery, through superior customer service with both Associate and asset productivity. The Assistant Store Manager ensures that Outlet Store presentation standards are maintained at the highest possible level. The Assistant Store Manager is also a role model within the unit for abiding by and holding others accountable for the Code of Business Conduct and overall business practices.
* Leads by example with the highest level of integrity.
* Leads the store to ensure achievement of business goals in revenue, expense reduction, cost recovery, customer satisfaction, inventory shrinkage and Associate morale
* Manages Human Resources (HR) transactional processes in staffing, and training; assists in action plans to improve overall individual and store performance
* Selects, coaches, and develops strong and effective management and Supervisor/Lead Associates; develops a diverse, high performance team; sets and manages high standards, which includes taking decisive action with underperformers; and focuses on positioning high performers for growth opportunities within Sears
* Supervise a team of associates who provide consultative selling and service for customers, including training, coaching and performance evaluations utilizing the Customers for Life Selling Process Observation Tools and, where necessary, Sears
* Performance Plans for Improvement (PPI)
* Acts as the Sales Manager on Duty (MOD)
* Manages the customer experience within the stores
* Maximizes Protection Agreements (PA), Credit, and other Miscellaneous Income opportunities within the store
* Monitors and reacts to profitable revenue opportunities for the store, aggressively supporting Vendor liquidation opportunities, to improve store gross margin and cost recovery
* Takes ownership for full implementation of corporate programs and initiatives on merchandising, cost management, productivity, cost recovery and Associate morale
* Ensures consistency of merchandising execution and operational processes within the store
* Represents Outlet Stores to all Sears partners within the local market
* Understands and communicates, to District and Home Office staff, ideas or activities that would lead to cost recovery improvements
* Ensures that the store operates in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Company ethics policies
* Provides a safe working environment for both Associates and customers
* Monitors testing and repair of product to ensure the compliance of documented processes
* Partners with Product Service on merchandise repair issues
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 1 year of experience in retail management or sales lead experience
* Computer literacy
* Strong drive for results
* Action oriented, with strong skills in execution
* Strong coaching and associate development skills
* Courageous leadership skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
* Ability to focus on critical issues and activities
* Knowledge of retail business and Outlet Store operations
* Strong business acumen and financial literacy
* Change management skills
* Ability to pay attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.