Assistant Store Manager - Factory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Vera Bradley Designs Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FUNCTION Assist the General Store Manager in executing the day-to-day activities in support of creating the Vera Bradley experience through exceptional customer service, visual merchandising, staff management, development and training, upholding store image standards, and sales goal achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (NOTE: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Assist General Store Manager with hiring, training, motivating and retaining a team of qualified associates that communicate and represent the Vera Bradley philosophy
* Assist in developing Vera Bradley loyalty by creating an outstanding experience for both associates and customers
* Lead the team with exceptional sales and strong presence while on the floor to set the pace for the team
* Assist in promoting community involvement to drive brand awareness and loyalty
* Communicate the Vera Bradley brand aesthetic, philosophy and lifestyle to the sales associates and guests
* Uphold the Vera Bradley brand standards through exceptional visual merchandising
* Provide a clean, organized and inviting environment for both customers and associates
* Monitor daily, weekly, monthly processes to ensure operational integrity
* Serve as back-up to store management with responsibility for daily cash reconciliation and opening and closing of store
* Assist in managing human resource related tasks including recruitment, performance management, payroll and scheduling, health and safety, and store security
* Maintain a knowledge of established policies and procedures
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* High School Graduate or equivalent required
* Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Management or related field preferred
* Prior retail experience strongly preferred
* 1+ years management experience required; or demonstrated Vera Bradley leadership ability required
* Experience in specialty retail or outlet stores strongly preferred
* Experience with retail POS system a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Polite and professional
* Exceptional sales skills
* Ability to lead, motivate and promote a team environment
* Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
* Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Proactive, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
* Strong team player
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching
* Strong sensory skills such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
* Valid driver s license with good motor vehicle record, must be 21 years of age (only applies to locations with company-owned vehicles)
* Ability to consistently lift 10-35 lbs; Occasionally lift up to 55 lbs with the ability to push or pull more than 55 lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Vera Bradley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Vera Bradley s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English)
E-Verify Participation Poster (Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please send an e-mail to applicationassistance@VeraBradley.com. Please include the accommodation you are requesting and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation and other EEO/Affirmative Action issues will be responded to from this e-mail address.