Assistant Store Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/3/2017
Global Partners LP
An Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager with the management of the ongoing day to day operations of the store, while adhering to Company policies and procedures. Assistant Store Manager is also responsible for direct supervision of staff; maximizing store profits and ensuring a high level of customer service and store appearance. Position is typically scheduled opposite of the store manager .ie,2nd shift, nights, weekends, and covers store manager s vacation.
* Complete required daily accounting paperwork and transmit by deadline
* Operate and supervise non-exempt (hourly) employees to uphold operating standards.
* Supervises, develops, trains, and disciplines staff. Gives direction to cashiers/sales associates as necessary
* Monitors shift cash handling and inventory. Assists in investigations of shortages/overages of $100 per month or less as well as inventory variations of 1% of sales or less.
* Maintains business records, review cashier accountability sheets and records prescribed by the Store Manager and /or Territory Manager.
* Adheres to all Global Partner s (GMG*) cash control policies.
* Perform banking, invoicing, payroll, and/or other administrative duties as requested
* Ensures procedures are adhered to protecting company assets
* Maintain Grand Opening Ready Standards According to Global Partner s store image standards
* Maintains high levels of cleanliness and sanitation
* Ensures store is secure and safe; complies with all safety and environmental guidelines. Reporting any issues to proper authority as well as management.
* Ensure adequate gasoline levels as well as coordinate gasoline deliveries
* Engage in all Company promotional initiatives
* Promotes a high level of customer service
* Perform duties as required by company policies and procedures (encompasses Company Hand Book)
* Perform other duties assigned by Store Manager/Territory Manager
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 years supervisory experience
* Ability to work unsupervised
* Ability to communicate, count, read, and write accurately
* Ability to perform basic computer functions
* Must have reliable transportation and valid driver s license
* Perform principle duties of the job in a timely manner
* Physical Requirements:
o Ability to work in intermittent temperatures; i.e. outside, cooler, ect..,
o Ability to climb ladders/stairs
o Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel and/or crouch during a shift
o Ability to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds
o Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds on occasion
o Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area
With nearly 1,500 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Our convenient stores are comprised of: Alltown, Mr. Mike's XtraMart, On the Run and Fast Freddie's. Global is No. 146 in the Fortune 500 list of America s largest corporations. Global is a publicly traded master limited partnership that is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls, or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York.
We want YOU to work for Global and be part of our growing company. Where does your future lie and how can we help you get there* Now is your time to join our team! Apply Now!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.