Assistant Store Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Elizabeth Arden Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY "
Full-time Assistant Store Manager Position for Elizabeth Arden Outlet u0026ndash; Philadelphia, PA
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Beauty!
Elizabeth Arden has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated retail staff member to join our outlet store in Philadelphia, PA at the Philadelphia Mills mall.
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in supervising the day to day activities of the store and its associates in order to maximize sales and profitability. The Assistant Store Manager will help the Manager maintain and enforce Company standards in regards to selling, merchandising, loss prevention and operational activities. The Assistant Store Manager will also ensure that the store is managed efficiently and professionally at all times and ensures compliance with all Company polices and procedures.
Main Areas of Responsibility
* Customer Service and selling
* Ensures that the customer is the number one priority at all times
* Leads by example in customer service
* Helps ensure that all associates understand and comply with the policies and
procedures set by the Company
* Strives to meet and exceed daily, weekly and monthly quality goal numbers
* Assists in ensuring that all sales associates are trained and are achieving the storeu0027s goals
as well as personal sales goals
* Assists in taking an active part in positioning the store on a local market and utilizes
Company promotional materials to broaden the customer base to increase sales
Merchandise Handling, Presentation and Control:
* Assists in ensuring that all merchandise is received and stocked according to current
direction and helps maintain control of these procedures to ensure accurate inventory
* Assists in ensuring all merchandise is properly ticketed with correct SKU and price
* Helps ensure that in-store damages are kept to a minimum
* Assists in ensuring all merchandise returns/exchanges are processed in accordance with
current policies and procedures
* Assists in ensuring all merchandise is neatly, cleanly and attractively displayed
* Helps controls under stock by minimizing, organizing and rotating it. Also, ensures that
minimal back stock is kept in back room
* Assists in ensuring all collateral material is displayed and maintained according to current
Day - to - Day Operations:
* In the absence of the Manager ensures timely bank deposits daily
* Assists in ensuring the proper policies and procedures are followed for accepting all types
of tender ( i.e. cash, credit cards, checks, money orders, gift certificates, store credits
and traveleru0027s checks)
* Assists in ensuring that all daily paperwork and logs are completed and maintained in an
organized manner as needed
* In the absence of the Manager ensures incoming mail and electronic mail is checked regularly
* Assists in ensuring month-end paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted to the
Corporate Office within designated time frame
* Assists in ensuring compliance with Company dress code
* Carries out all assignments from the Manager
* In the absence of the Manager, ensures that store is staffed to required levels at all times
* In the absence of the Manager, ensures that weekly schedules are completed and submitted
to Corporate for approval as required
* In the absence of the Manager, ensures that new hire paperwork is completed, including
appropriate documentation, signatures and submitted to Corporate office in a timely manner
* In the absence of the Manager, ensures that all associates are adhering to the time and
attendance policies and that associates are paid for all overtime, sick days, vacation, etc.
* Scheduled to work at least three out of every four Saturdays and at least two out of every
* Scheduled to work on Holidays, peak selling days and promotional set-up days, as
directed by manager.
* helps control supply orders
* Assists in ensuring testers are available and maintained in accordance with current direction.
* Ensures current procedures for processing pay outs is followed.
* Assists in protecting Company assets (money, merchandise, equipment, etc.) at all and takes
appropriate action to reduce loss.
* In conjunction with the Manager takes appropriate action to reduce merchandise shrink
* In conjunction with the Manager, takes regular cycle counts and inventories as required
* In the absence of the Manager, conducts bag checks when associates leave the store and
enforces use of clear bags/purses
* In the absence of the Manager, completes and sends incident reports as needed to Corporate
office and Loss Prevention
* Reports all cash shortages/overages over $10 to Corporate Office
* Notifies Store Manager immediately of any suspicious activity in the store
* Assists in ensuring compliance with all company loss prevention policies and procedures
Associate Development and Training:
* Assists in training and supervising all staff members regarding all register and POS procedures
* Helps train key holders on all banking procedures
* Assesses employee morale and notifies the manager of any situation to determine
a course of action
* Assists in maintaining Companyu0027s housekeeping standards on a daily basis inside the store.
* Informs Manager of all needed repairs
* In the absence of the Manager, reviews and takes action (if necessary) on emails and/or
merchandising direction from Corporate daily
* Assists in ensuring that all associates read and initial all emails containing information applicable
to their jobs
* In the absence of the Manager, checks and responds to (if necessary) voice mail Corporate office
* Assists in ensuring all Company policies, procedures and promotions communicated via email
of phone are understood by all store associates
* Completes all other tasks as may be assigned given in compliance with Company
policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws.
Requirements and Skills
* Two Years retail experience in a competitive selling atmosphere required
* 1 year supervisory experience required
* Cosmetics and fragrance experience a plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Must have a High School Diploma/GED. Bacheloru0026rsquo;s degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.