Assistant Store Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
THINGS REMEMBERED ASSISTANT STORE MANAGERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSISTING THE STORE MANAGER FOR ALL OF THE ASSETS OF THE STORE (CASH, INVENTORY, EQUIPMENT) AS WELL AS IN CHARGE OF A STAFF (3-15 EMPLOYEES) IN THE ABSENCE OF THE STORE MANAGER. OUR ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER S MAIN RESPONSIBILITY IS TO ENSURE THAT THE STORE MEETS SALES AND FINANCIAL TARGETS WHILE MAINTAINING FULL COMPLIANCE WITH A VARIETY OF OPERATIONAL CONTROLS.
RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
* *Assist the Store Manager in achieving sales and other financial targets. Must be able to analyze and understand financial goals/reports and track both individual and store results.
* *Assist the Store Manager with interviewing, hiring, and training employees (staff of 3-15) according to company guidelines
* *Supervision of employees engaged in sales work, production, taking inventory and reconciling cash and sales receipts.
* *Demonstrates success in selling. Uses selling techniques such as add-on sales and describing engraving information to customers to enhance salesmanship and reach store and individual sales goals. This requires constant standing and walking to work with customers and show them merchandise.
* *Is proficient in the basic skills of store operations: engraving; performance of all register transactions; and equipment maintenance. This requires constant standing at the register and equipment as well as occasional squatting and kneeling. Ensure teammates are properly trained in these duties.
* *Participate in store activities of stocking, processing incoming and outgoing merchandise shipments in a timely manner. This requires constant standing and walking, occasional squatting and kneeling, frequently lifting & carrying up to 10 lbs and occasionally 11-30 lbs as well as frequently climbing a 3 foot ladder working with arms overhead and occasionally using a 3-10 foot ladder to work with arms overhead.
* Plans/prepares work schedules, managing to required payroll hours.
* Responsible for motivating/managing staff to ensure store is in legal compliance, and that employee relations issues are handling appropriately in the absence of the SM.
* *Coordination of sales promotions/merchandise displays. Maintains a clean, visually appealing store to company guidelines. This requires frequent walking, standing, squatting, kneeling, lifting and carrying, and working with arms overhead to prepare displays.
* Creates a store environment that ensures great customer services. Resolves all customer complaints.
* *Responsible for physical security of the store and off-site storage locations including locks, shipments and cash.
* *Responsible for daily balancing of cash, nightly bank deposits and ensuring staff is in compliance.
* *Responsible for twice annual comprehensive physical inventories. Maintains accurate inventory results throughout the year by analyzing weekly shipment reports and merchandise transfers
* *Work single coverage
* Complete required Assessment (presented at the end of application)
* Previous experience as an assistant or supervisor in a retail environment
* Minimum of 2 years of retail experience in a mall-based environment with single coverage
* Selling experience
* Excellent Organizational and planning skills
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear, audible, and grammatically correct manner
* Ability to listen, read, and accurately transcribe and verify customer message specifications onto engraved merchandise
* Relates to all customer segments and creates a good first impression
* Good negotiating skills
* Good influence, persuasion, and problem resolution skills
* Strong eye for Visual Merchandising
* Ability to work unsupervised
Things Remembered, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.