Assistant Store Manager, Softlines - #1052, St. Paul, MN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Assistant Store Manager, Softlines is responsible for managing merchandise and customer assistant activities and consultative selling across the Softlines departments. This includes sales, miscellaneous account revenue, expense management, and achievement of profitability goals.
The Assistant Store Manager, Softlines has responsibility for replenishment and sales floor readiness of all Softlines departments.
The Assistant Store Manager, Softlines is also accountable for customer satisfaction and associate morale and productivity. The Assistant Store Manager, Softlines directly manages a small team of lead hourly associates, who in turn supervise front-line hourly associates. Softlines departments will have a mix of merchandise and customer assistant and consultative selling.
* Proactively lead the Softlines departments to ensure achievement of business goals in revenue, expenses, profitability, customer satisfaction, inventory shrinkage, and associate morale.
* Select, coach, and develop strong and effective lead associates in the Softlines departments. These include both merchandise and customer assist and consultative selling. Develop a diverse, high performing team. Take action as needed to ensure that all associates fully contribute to the store efforts.
* Actively manage the customer experience within the Softlines departments.
* Take ownership for full implementation of corporate programs and initiatives on merchandising, payroll management, productivity, and associate morale. This includes adherence to operational and selling processes (e.g., Monthly Action Plans, Tear Sheets, Basic Replenishment, Credit May I program).
* Ensure consistency of merchandising execution and operational processes within the store. Ensure that Sears National Presentation Standards are maintained at highest possible level.
* Fully optimize Credit (e.g., share, AccountCare, new accounts) and other Miscellaneous Income opportunities (e.g., service contracts, Gift Card) and ensure performance standards are met within the department.
* Plan for upcoming sales.
* Manage floor recovery.
* Handle and resolve escalated customer issues.
* Understand and communicate, to Store and District staff, competitive activities/trends in market, and unique local market issues.
* Ensure that the store operates in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
Responsibilities/Skills/Experience Requirements :
* Limited, occasional travel within the District.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with retail stores preferred.
* Supervisory experience, preferably in retail or service environments.
* Strong preference given to candidates with at least a Bachelor's degree.
* Strong drive for results.
* Action oriented, with strong executional skills.
* Strong skills in coaching and development.
* Courage to address tough situations.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Knowledge of store and retail operations.
* Excellent communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.