Assistant Store Supervisor - Newington, CT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Acts as a role model for and ensures that all associates understand their respective roles in providing a fast, in-stock and helpful customer experience. The Assistant Store Supervisor focuses on operations excellence and customer service in partnership with their Store Manager to drive store sales and profitability achievement.
Supports the Store Manager in all areas of total store performance including customer experience, associate development, sales, expense control, facilities maintenance, LP/safety, inventory management, event planning, operations merchandising and achievement of profitability goals. This role supports unit operations for units that have annual store volumes over $800,000.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Sells and receives merchandise, stocks or replenishes areas, and maintains a professional unit
* Takes responsibility for individualized sales goals, and sets examples with own personal sales achievements
* Ensures unit sales and revenue goals are met and are in alignment with payroll expenditures
* Assists manager to ensure all merchandising is complete and accurate using tools including pricing, store layout, and planograms
* Assists Manager with event planning and execution including creating flyers, completing product ordering, completes event set-up and executes to the plan during the event.
* Conducts associate observations and provides one-on-one feedback and hands on training to increase sales accordance with unit goals
* Maintains building and equipment by ensuring loss prevention, security, and safety policies are followed
* Conducts safety and security audits, and identifies and implements business solutions to address safety and security issues
* Maintains inventory accuracy through process development and management
* Provides input to the Manager in the recruitment and selection of Consultative Sales Associates
* Creates weekly schedules to ensure appropriate staffing levels
* Partners with Manager in establishing and conveying expectations to associates and for measuring performance and productivity levels using sales metrics goals
* Provides daily coaching and training for Consultative Sales Associates
* Provides input to the Manager for annual performance evaluations
* Provides input on disciplinary actions and terminations
* Participates in associate accident investigations to identify and correct root causes
* Performs other duties as assigned
* 18 years of age or older
* Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial, and communication skills
* Analytical ability to gather and interpret information, and to develop, recommend, and implement solutions
* Bachelor's degree in Business AdministrationEqual Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.