This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
EXPERIENCE IN HIGH-RISE/MULTI-FAMILY
Assists the Superintendent by managing designated field activities associated with the project and supervision of designated field construction work by subcontractors and employees. Assists the project team to ensure the project is built on time, within budget, and in accordance with Balfour Beatty Construction s policies & procedures and the focus on our vision and purpose through Service, Talent and Choices.
PROJECT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reviews and updates progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis to support and assist the Project Manager/Superintendent. Preconstruction Services
* Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project. Project Start-up and Scheduling
* Understands project specifications, the contract, and the contract s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
* Ensure all materials are properly tested according to specifications, and ensure all test results are properly recorded. Project Administration, Operations and Close-out
* Directs and coordinates subcontractor and Balfour Beatty Construction field personnel in designated areas of expertise.
* Assists the Superintendent in communicating with subcontractors and employees a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety, quality control and other performance standards.
* Collaborates with Superintendent to ensure project site and company assets are secure, and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing safety, EEO, risk management, training, and quality control programs.
* Attends weekly project progress meetings with all subcontractor representatives and understand the upcoming week s work to be accomplished.
* Assists Superintendent in ensuring the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the customer.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations. Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes the Creed. Communicates vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
* Participates in personal career development by attending operations training programs and takes direct accountability for training and developing direct reports.
* Supports community, client and subcontractor relations and events to enhance the company s image and build relationships.
* Builds and stretches people and self by providing challenging assignments, achievable and motivational development plans, and ongoing actionable and candid feedback that help employees achieve career goals.
* Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting or exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
EXPERIENCE IN HIGH-RISE/MULTI-FAMILY
*B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field preferred and minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary.
* Makes decisions under tight deadlines.
* Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
* Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now