This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
West Point, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
Build a rewarding career at Jones Lang LaSalle!
A career at Jones Lang LaSalle puts you in the center of one of the largest, most sophisticated and industry-leading commercial real estate and investment management firms in the world. We are recognized globally for creating real value for clients and employees. We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on core values like trust, integrity, respect and excellence. When you join our team, you become part of a vibrant environment that s committed to equipping you with the resources to develop a long-lasting and rewarding career.
Currently, we are seeking an Assistant Superintendent to join our Construction team based in Philadelphia, PA.
To support the Project team throughout the entire construction process, work harmoniously with an assigned Construction Manager, field personnel, and office staff, and focus on a high degree of customer service.
* Assist in the maintenance of job file system. These files include those of individual subcontractors, vendors, projects, change orders, etc.
* Assist Construction Manager in developing and updating project schedules.
* Assist in maintaining subcontractor s payment files as needed. (This includes maintaining folders by subcontractor/ vendors within a project supporting subcontractor/vendor payments.)
* Assist Construction Manager in the review and processing of shop drawing submittals.
* Provide assistance in reviewing and pricing cost impact of construction document revisions on projects.
* Order and issue construction drawings and specifications as required for distribution.
* Assist Construction Manager to obtain and prepare project closeout documents.
* Interface with Construction Superintendents and perform job site inspections to review status as it relates to construction schedule and document requirements.
* Assist in maintaining and preparing appropriate cost control and project documents and reports (i.e. JCA, RFI log, shop drawing log, etc.).
* Assist in the preparation of the monthly application for payment for submission to the owner.
* Assist in the bidding, negotiating, and awarding of subcontractors and vendors.
* Continuously learn all aspects of the construction field including systems, procedures, means and methods, computer programs, management techniques, code changes, etc.
* Develop an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of all JLL disciplines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Outstanding interpersonal skills, client service attitude, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
* Proficient skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Lotus Notes, Microsoft Project and Timberline.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* College Degree in Construction, Architecture, or Engineering.
* Minimum of 2 years construction experience.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.