Assistant Supervisory Security Officer (Sergeant) (VA, Arlington)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKoniag Information Security Services (KSS) is hiring an Assistant Supervisory Security Officer (Sergeant) for our client in Arlington, VA (near Ballston Metro). This is a direct, full time, contractor position with a DoD Agency. The purpose of the uniform security service is to protect personnel, information, property and business continuity by detecting, deterring, observing and reporting.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, paid time off, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Under direction, coordinate, train and direct unarmed security staff.
* Train subordinate personnel, conduct inspections, identify potential security problem areas and provide technical advice.
* Assign and schedule work and implement policies and procedures
* Recommend disciplinary actions
* Evaluate and document work performance formally and informally
* Coach, counsel, monitor and motivate assigned staff
* Interpret and explain company policies
* Review daily activity logs
* Escort and closely observe various personnel that are in DARPA controlled space.
* Enforce DARPA and DoD security and safety rules and directions and regulations designed to prevent breaches of security.
* Direct and control personnel ingress and egress of the DARPA facility and controlled spaces
* Operate emergency equipment (e.g., AED, Protective Mask, etc.)
* Check and report on equipment, security containers, doors and computer, mechanical, electrical, HVAC and telephone equipment/systems, facilities and environmental conditions, taking corrective action where possible.
* Respond to incidents and emergencies and take appropriate action, to include response to alarm conditions such as SCIF and duress alarms.
* Take accurate and complete notes and document activities and incidents by writing detailed reports and journals.
* Security officers are required to stand a guard mount and roll call prior to assuming their posts. Guard mount is conducted 30 minutes prior to scheduled start of shift/post working period time.
* Exercise judgment and use discretion in dealing with whether first response should be to intervene directly (asking for assistance when deemed necessary and time allows), to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority.
* Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas.
* Commonly, the unarmed uniformed security officer is required to demonstrate continuing physical fitness and proficiency in self-defense.
* Some are stationed at desks, others patrol on foot
* Must be observant and detail oriented and not easily distracted and can identify threats quickly.
* Must know and enforce rules and regulations
* Monitor points of access
* Maintain surveillance of property
* Make written and verbal reports
* In emergency situations, provide first aid or assistance and alert first responders