Assistant Vice President AVP of Clinical Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Barker Search LLC
New Hyde Park, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION: LAKE SUCCESS, NY
The AVP Clinical Applications plans, organizes and directs the establishment and management of enterprise IT Clinical Applications in support of overall business goals and objectives.
This will require very strong negotiating and people skills to facilitate the delivery and support of the clinical applications for in-patient, sub-acute, home health and post-acute care systems among several others.
Plans, organizes and directs the establishment and management of enterprise clinical applications in support of overall business goals and objectives. Manages staff and vendor relationships for the development, design, deployment and daily operations of enterprise clinical systems. Coordinates with other IS groups to achieve goals as established by senior management.
* Promotes quality and productivity improvements through involvement in the development of improved procedures, process innovations and changes which support the strategic direction of OCIO.
* Plans and implements the utilization of information resources to support the strategic direction and operations.
* Financial Management
* Oversees the management of operating and capital budgets associated with clinical applications and associated projects.
* Collaborates with the OCIO VP Finance to monitor fiscal operations.
* Operational Performance
* Collaborates with Governance Committee to establish standards, guidelines and policies.
* Oversees the interaction of IS leaders contributing to the design and implementation of enterprise systems and strategy.
* Interacts with interdepartmental leaders, both financial and clinical, to assess needs, leverage resources and ensure accurate project deliveries.
* Partners with leaders in the Health System's executive offices, community and IS to ensure proper planning to address system delivery and reporting requests.
* Provides technical information on products in the market that may benefit the Health System's initiatives involving analytics, data sharing and data storage
* Serves as a partner for Health System leadership and vendor relationships to drive the success of business objectives.
* Directs the planning, design, implementation and support of enterprise clinical applications
* Standards Compliance
* Ensures compliance with federal, state and local rules, regulations and taxlaws and Joint Commission standards.
* Interprets, with the business, and standardizes all fiscal and regulatory reporting standards to ensure compliance with government and regulatory reporting and third-party agencies.
* HR Development
* Directs the implementation of Human Resources plans to achieve strategic goals and objectives including organizational development, training, coaching and employee relations.
* Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
* Manages a diverse staff of professional and technical employees and ensures they are trained in appropriate processes and documentation standards.
* Business Development
* Works directly with executive leadership in planning new business ventures requiring IT.
* Develops strong relationships within the organization and outside vendors.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Informatics, Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
* Minimum of twelve (12) years progressive experience in information systems including a minimum of five (5) years' experience in implementing, managing and leading clinical appliactions in a healthcare environment
* Leadership, communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning and implementation skills
* Experience in dealing with all levels within IT and senior level business unit leadership
* Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to develop and implement complex plans
* Master's degree